For more than 15 years, the Réseau has worked to improve access to French-language health services by means of the designation process.
Many of our efforts are based on ongoing collaboration with the region’s healthcare organizations to improve the Francophone patient experience within the healthcare system.
This strategy ties in with our goal of developing the offer of French-language health services in the region. It involves a process agreed upon and jointly implemented with the Champlain LHIN and the South East LHIN according to a three-year French-language health services designation plan.
At the regional level, maintaining an ongoing designation process:
- Ensures that quality health programs and services are available in French along the entire continuum of care.
- Guarantees access to these services to meet the needs of Francophones
- Enables us to plan an active, permanent, and guaranteed offer of French-language services for our Francophone communities.
Learn more: Health care organizations designated and identified as providers of French-language services
We carry out the following actions in support of designation:
- We advise the Champlain and South East LHINs on matters regarding regional French-language health service capacity, the designation of healthcare providers, and the identification of agencies for designation.
- We guide and support healthcare organizations through the revision or development of their designation plans.
- We work with our regional and provincial partners to improve the designation process.